Monday, March 30, 2009

V'ROOM - V'ROOM

Today I found myself making another "funny" card. This is a belated birthday card for my niece who rides (as a passenger) on her husband's motorcycle. They have traveled most of the United States on a bike and they love when the wind is blowing through their hair (helmet). I can say I was on a motorcycle a couple of times, and thank you very much I want to have four wheels under my sit me down. With cars racing by you and you see the edge of the road getting closer and closer, well let's just say I'm a real scary cat. I think she'll get a huge kick out of this card and can hardly wait to give it to her.
Here is the how to of creating it.
1) I stamped the image on white card stock (unknown). The image is from I Brake For Stamps http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ with Memories Black dye ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.
2) I colored the image with the RoseArt Washable Super Tip Markers that I purchased from Wal Mart some time ago.
3) I used a Krylon Silver Pen and "painted with a brush" the forks of the bike as well as the spokes of the bike .
4) When finished I mounted it onto some deep red card stock (unknown) and then onto a white bit of card stock.
5) This was all mounted onto a deep red card stock.
6) I had some white ribbon, called Bobbin Ribbon, with little bits of black running on both sides of it, so I affixed some silver brads on it. (Reminded me of the roadways.)
7) Viola' another funny card made and it sure makes me giggle again.
Enjoy my attempt at our rubber stamping art. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

K said...

great card! love the stamp!

christina d said...

Oh Audrey, all your recent cards are great. I love all of them.

I Brake For Stamps said...

What a GREAT card!!
Della

Faye said...

Very funny!