Thursday, May 7, 2009

GARDENING & PLAYING

Every time we have a nice day you'll find me out amongst my flowers, then scrambling to find the time to have some playtime. Yesterday was one of those days. Today we planted a small garden, but I had to finish this card I started yesterday.
I needed some "printed paper" so away I went to my stashes. I picked up one of my folders of paper and low and behold there was a partial piece of Vellum with roses on it. Yippee!!!! This is exactly what I needed. I had already stamped and cut out a butterfly using gold embossing powder, but what to do with it? Aha!!! Put these two together and you have a beautiful card (if I may say so). I attached the vellum with vellum tape and you can't see the tape on the front side so I'm a happy stamper. To me it needed a bit more oomph (technical term), so I punched a hold in the bottom right front side. Outlined the hold with a Krylon Gold pen. Okay, now what to do? Since I have a rose stamp, why not stamp a small rose so it can show through to the front. Yep, that's just what I did plus I stamped Happy Mother's Day inside. NOTE: The rose was stamped and colored in with Roseart Washable Super Tip Markers from Wal Mart. I use the "huffing technique to stamp the image. This was a quick & simple card to make, and now to get it into the post office so it lands where it's going on or before Mother's Day...LOL. I hope you enjoy looking at this art of mine and if you care to, please leave me a note. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great simple card, Audrey. It's amazing/excitig when something comes together like this without pre-planning. Love the vellum rose. Linda Grady

christina d said...

What a beautiful card. I even have some of that vellum paper! How come you get to work in your garden? Nothing but rain here.

Debby said...

Beautiful indeed. It's lovely.