Sunday, May 17, 2009

THE MONTH OF BIRTHDAYS

I've been playing a lot the past several days. Dear hubby's

birthday is on the 19th, a friend of ours in AZ has a birthday on the 24th, and a friend of mine has a birthday on the 20th. On the 25th a grandsons birthday, and I have yet to start his or the friends on the 20th. Whew! I'm tired of just writing how many birthdays there are this month, and that includes mine
on the 21st of this month. I asked my husband wanted he wanted for his birthday, and it basically is the same wish as mine - a long healthy and fun life.
The automobile card was stamped with images from
http://www.heartsintouch.com/, it is a new stamp from Frances Naeve, of Toys for Men, and the ribbon used is some that I purchased
at a convention I've attended in the past. This was an easy card to make as it is all "black and white". I really liked the look of this one, and thank France for the stamp.
The next two cards were made with http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ stamps. The golfer on each of these cards is a new stamp from Della Warr's plate 1008.
The first golfer card I used water color paper. The technique of "huffing" was used to create the vivid colors of ink that I used. I first sprayed the water color paper with a "misting" of water, colored the stamps with my water color pens from Wal Mart, then I "huffed" on the stamps to keep the ink damp enough for me to stamp on to the paper. The background stamp is a couple of different stamps from Della of Inkblocks (now I Brake for Stamps). I'm not sure if she still carries these stamps or not, I'll have to ask her sometime. I added Vellum from Pat Dunbar of http://www.papertemptress.com/ , who I might add has luscious papers that you are "tempted" to purchase no more than half a dozen of each kind...LOL. The words "Happy Birthday" was a stamp from See-D's ( http://www.seedstamps.com/ ) The See-D's stamp is a bit of a challenge for me to use as they are quite thin, but I like the effect of them as you're using them. On the reverse side of this stamp is a "sticky" part that clings to your acrylic stamp, but it also has the word(s) printed on the stamp so you know exactly where you are stamping it, and it isn't upside down (don't ask), or whatever.
The second golfer card is from http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ but this time I stamped it with Memories Black Dye Ink and used clear embossing powder. I masked the area of the golfer so I could stamp the background first, then I later stamped the golfer. I'm still working on getting a better masking effort down. I then decided to color in a "golf course" for a more realistic look. I think I need more practice on this area too. Oh, well, my dh likes it and I'm only partially satisfied, so I guess I'll keep it...LOL. I then placed the completed image onto some copper card stock that I had, which was then affixed to a white card.
Now it's time for my nap so until we meet again..... Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

christina d said...

I love the cards! Such great art!