Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009 - CHRISTMAS TIME


I've enjoyed making our Christmas cards as you can see in the right photo.  I used regular white card stock, on which I placed gold glossy card stock, and then attached a Lustre Paper from the Paper Temptress line.  (Great card stock and papers and can see the whole line at the following address:
http://www.papertemptress.com )  I then used the leaf punch from Martha Stewart line to compose the Christmas Tree.  I stamped the deer in gold embossing powder (can't remember the name of the powder), from a stamp by Inkadinkado ( www.inkadinkado.com )  on a piece of white card stock and then cut it out and placed it on the card.  I used an I Brake For Stamps  ( www.ibrakeforstamps.com ) "cross" at the top of the tree and attached three (3) small white snow flake buttons.  I finished the inside with personal stamped sayings.
 Next came the trimming of the tree and the wrapping of my "homemade"
goodies.  This to me is the fun part of Christmas.  I placed on our coffee table my home created Native American nativity set which I made out of ceramics whilst living in Arizona.  I became allergic to the dust of the place where I took my classes, so haven't made anything since.


The gifts for the women are on the end table at the left of the tree, which consisted of four servings of homemade hot cocoa placed in a pint canning jars (all you do is add 8 oz. of boiling of water and enjoy while reading the good book).  What looks like tags hanging on the wrappings is actually bookmarks that I made. See photo to the left.  These were fun, and after I had them done it seems that the crosses were not in sync with the other stamped objects, but in reality the crosses are peeking out of the page they are holding for your next visit to the page. 
For some Christmas Presents I baked four (4) different kinds of cookies, one of which was a small batch (M&M cookies) and which was eaten straight away. The others I have managed to save and wrap up for our male guests. In the photo to the right you see me decorating some frosted butter cookies.  I also baked chocolate chip, and Ruth Duffners recipe of Peanut Blossoms.  As I said before the M&M cookies were eaten straight away as the recipe only made 18 cookies - Oh but yummy they were.
My baking is done, as well as I have my Christmas dinner all done, just waiting for our guests to arrive at noon tomorrow to have some fun.  It is now time for me to gather up some pennies with different dates on them to give to our guests.  (You can write me ( huffpede@yahoo.com ) to find out what we'll do with these pennies. Just put in the subject line "pennies" and I'll e-mail you the answer.)

You all have a Blessed Merry Christmas, and may you feel God's love, have peace, and joy to come.  Until next posting......

3 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Merry Christmas, Audrey! Beautiful card.... You were very busy, I can see.

Debby said...

Audrey your card is beautiful and you have a lovely home. And mmmmm those cookies look yummy! Merry Christmas!

Ellis said...

Merry Christmas!
Great things you've made a lot's of yummy cookies! =)
Hugs, Elenor (Justcards)