Monday, September 27, 2010

NEW TECHNIQUE

Today was a very cool day outside, so I took the opportunity to try a new technique.  The technique is called "Black Velvet".  You use black card stock, stamp (by I Brake for Stamps) with white ink and then let the ink dry.  Next comes the "fun" part, as you color over the white ink with colored pencils.  After you're finished with your coloring you then apply a fixative.   I used the brand called Krylon Fixative.  I placed the finished art on to a white card stock and then upon a black card stock and placed 3 lavender (to match the lavender flowers) brads.  All of this was affixed to white card stock and trimmed with a lavender ribbon and bow.  Not a bad technique at all - not messy anyway...LOL.  Hopefully, I can continue creating today with a different technique, and if I do, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time.