Saturday, September 4, 2010

DON'T LIKE SYMPATHY CARDS

For some reason I have this mental block of  creating Sympathy Cards.
A dear friend of mine, one with whom I've attended school with since first grade and we graduated together, mother passed away.  While visiting in IN this past spring I attended a "mother/daughter" spring banquet at a local church and happen to see this friends mother.  It was a blessing in disguise as I got to personally thank her for her creation of a "K" (which signified our initial of our school) when we had our 50th high school graduation.  To the right is the card that I came up with.

I used a 5 x 7 inch white card stock for the base.  I used my Wizard by Spellbinders
( http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/ ) to emboss and cut out a scalloped circle in red & white.  I stamped the Bible (stamp from Inkadinkado - http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/inkadinkado/products/ ) and colored it with my Der Went water color pencils. I also stamped "thinking of you" (a miscellaneous stamp I have) just below the Bible.  I then added a sheer ribbon (miscellaneous ribbon I had on hand) to the bottom of the card.  I had some flower petals from my stash and mounted them with brads from my stash.  On the inside I wrote a very personal note to the family, enclosed it in an envelope and cried while addressing the envelope. 

Maybe this is why I don't like to create sympathy cards - I get all choked up, cry and wish that the deceased person was still with us.  This sympathy card is now mailed and I have my wonderful memories of someone that I happen to think very highly of.  Please enjoy, leave a comment if you care to, and enjoy each other.  Until next time......

2 comments:

pehtdn said...

just wondering where in IN you visited.
Pat Noble

Unknown said...

I love your card. I have that stamp set!

~§hawnie Bartron