Friday, June 20, 2008

"D E P R I V A T I O N"

...Deprivation meaning to "keep from having or using"... I've been on vacation for the past month and didn't realize how "deprived" I had become. While visiting family in Iowa, attending grandchildrens graduations and a daughters wedding, I got to visit a scrapbook store called the "Reminice" in Coralville Iowa and bought some absolute gorgeous scrapbook papers let alone a few 'see through' stamps. This store has what I consider one of a kind type of papers and knowing me I just "had" to have some of them. A couple of days later I "visited" the Hobby Lobby store in Coralville Iowa and came away with some marvelous & humorous wood mounted stamps by Stampabilities and others by American Art Stamp. I had a ball picking these stamps out while chuckling and out and out laughing out loud. A clerk came by to see what all the hilarity was and she too ended up chuckling with me. Of course a new mini mall was built since we were last in Coralville, and yep you guessed it - a Michaels Store. Okay, I'm still feeling a bit "deprived" so in I went and found some more stamps, and papers. WOW I felt like I had just died and gone to heaven. I also purchased some more papers, and ooooohed and aaaaahed over the Martha Stewart products, let alone the rest of the "pretties" in that store. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being back in AR with all of my goodies piled high on my crafting table crying out to be played with, but that will be for another day. Right now it is "nap" time, so please if you wish, leave a comment.

No comments: