Tuesday, January 5, 2010

OLD MAN WINTER



Old man winter has really hit my part of Arkansas heavily this year.  For a week and a half, and into a couple more weeks, we've  had 20 to 30 degrees F. lower temperatures.  I couldn't help myself but wanting to share with you all, of course realizing that more northern states and Canada have it a lot worse than we can imagine. 

I had to find some beauty in this frigid area and it was found right in my yard. The first photo shows only "some" of the Cardinals that dart back and forth between the bushes (which are in reality, lilacs), and the bird feeder.  We enjoy watching them most of the morning and into the evening at times and how they "share" their food.  Of course there are other birds too, but they are the prettiest against the white "snow". 

My husband likes to be kept busy, and in the second photo you see him shoveling the snow off of our driveway.  This is something he thought he had left behind in 1993, but alas when you move from a "warm" climate like Arizona to what we thought was a "gentle" four seasons climate you really go back in time to what  you had when we were all younger...LOL.

Ah, yes, Old Man Winter, you can take your leave now, and in fact I think he has overstayed his welcome.  For me it is back to my studio to create and keep warm.  Until next time. 

No comments: