Monday, February 8, 2010

BEEN BUSY & LAUGHING TOO

It's snowing, It's snowing, the old man.... well you get the idea.  Instead of sleeping (and "snoring") I locked myself in my craft room.  All of this snow (& ice) we have had gave me the dull drums to the point all I wanted to do was to lay around and watch TV.  Then someone sent me some cute and very funny senior cartoons and I laughed a good belly laugh, so I pulled up my boots by their straps and got into my stamps.  To the right are the outcome of my days in my craft room. 

The inks used were Memories Black Ink with clear embossing powder.  I used my DerWent water color pencils to color the images.  The stamps are from I Brake For Stamps - 
http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=IBFSSF.  Today I am going to spend my day in my craft room and try to create more than just a few pieces of art, and that way I don't have to look out to see this beautiful (yucky) snow. 

Today, after almost five (5) days of snow melting) we got more snow.  We woke up to about 4 inches of the white stuff with more to come this evening.  Yuck!!!  I will say it was a beautiful site to see all of the red cardinals sitting in the lilac bushes just waiting for my dear husband to spread the bird seed on our feeder.  In fact I got a chuckle out of a little wren who must have been extra  hungry.  This little bird must have seen me open the drapes, as he came flying up on the deck, and looked in, then flew back to the bird feeder.  I do think my husband has the birds spoiled, as they expect to be fed at a certain time every morning. 

Of course not only the birds are spoiled, but our little doggy, Molly, has been spoiled by him too.  He usually wakes in the morning before 6:00 o'clock a.m., to let Molly out to do her business.  This morning I was up early so I opened the door for Molly to go out upon which she looked out the door then looked at me and proceeded to go back to bed with my husband.  Needless to say, she won't go out in the snow unless my husband shovels a place for her to do her business in the grass.  Yep, I think he has all of them spoiled. 

Until next time enjoy and please leave a comment.  Have a blessed day.

No comments: