Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'VE BEEN SCRAP BOOKING

I decided I have way to many "empty" scrap books lying around so I've decided that I better do something with the "duplicate" pages I make by filling up those books.  To the right is a page that I made today in observance of Valentine Day.  The paper is of unknown origin, as well as the lace (but I think I got that several years ago at Jo Ann's).   The hearts I made out of white card stock and then used chalk to color them.  I then used my Cuttlebug Folder called "Flourished Frame", and white card stock, for a place to insert a photo of my husband.  I  the used a smaller piece of white card stock for the journaling portion of this page.  I'm not sure if I'm done with the overall look of it, so it will lay around for me to "think on"...LOL.

The page to the right is for a scrap book swap called "The Luck of the Irish" over on Inky Fun Stampers ( inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com )  I had a lot of fun making this page as the coins pouring out of the hat was made by using my Wizard (by Spellbinders) and placing quarter, nickels, dimes and pennies in the sandwich with heavy gold wrapping paper and then cutting them out.  The Shamrock I designed by myself also.  The paper is of unknown origin (I never keep track of the name of papers...LOL), as is the green card stock that I used for the photo frames, and the backing of the journaling area.  I used a green pen (unknown) to put lines on the journal part and stamped the word "Smile" using a See D's stamp, in green. Try using your coins, or whatever you have laying around, to make your own embellishments in a sandwich in your die maker.  You'd be surprised what you can end up with.  May the Luck of the Irish be with you and yours to enjoy.  Until next time..........

2 comments:

Faye said...

I have nominated you for a blog award on my blog. I love your work and enjoy your friendship.
Faye
http://creativewalkabout.blogspot.com/

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Cute, love the St Patrick's day one!!