Sunday, August 1, 2010

IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG

I have to apologize to one and all for not updating my blog site since February.  Oh my goodness, what I've been up to you wouldn't really want to know.  Here is a "brief" summary of what has been happening in my world. 

In April my husband and I traveled to Iowa to visit our kids there, and for him to be checked out at the Iowa City Veterans Administration Medical Clinic.  He received his new glasses and he received his new hearing aides.  After having a marvelous visit with the kids, and celebrating his 80th birthday, we traveled on to Indiana to visit with kids there.  My husband then had knee surgery on April 21st at the St. Joseph Hospital in South Bend, IN.  We stayed with our youngest daughter for the following month for him to receive excellent physical therapy and for us to celebrate our birthdays which are only 2 days apart.

We came home to Arkansas to find that our home needed much attention to.  The veggie and flower gardens were really in need of some TLC, as well as the lawns.  A friend of ours was watering our gardens in between the rain showers that she said we had, and with her help the gardens thrived right along with the weeds.  We have come to the conclusion that to be gone from  home that long sure isn't conducive to our health.  It seems we work harder and longer when we come back from "vacations" and that really wears on a person of our ages. 

After all of that work, I have been canning and freezing veggies and fruits for this coming winter.  Today for instance I canned 11 pints of peaches, and it was probably the hottest day of the year thus far.  What was I thinking when I bought those beauties, especially when I was on a roll of creating.  Oh when will I wise up.  I promise to try and post more often and my goal is to post at least once a week. 

Thanks for stopping by, and please come back really soon as I will be posting photos of some of the creations that I have created for you to enjoy.  Y'all come back ya hear. 





No comments: