Sunday, August 8, 2010

HARDEST CARD I EVER MADE

I knew that I was going to make a "nice" card for my swap partner of "hummingbirds" in Inky Fun Stampers  group swap, but what I didn't know was how long it would take me and the happenings that made it so hard to do.

The stamp is from Inkadinkado (http://inkadinkado.eksuccessbrands.com/ ) which I purchased from Hobby Lobby  (http://www.hobbylobby.com/) in Jonesboro AR.  It is a "sketch drawing" stamp is how it is described on the brochure.  

I colored the flowers first with DerWent water color pencils that I purchased from JoAnns while living in AZ and I chose to do them in a light purple/blueish color.  I then colored the leaves, and the hummingbird.is colored in blue with the watercolor pencils, and at this point there were no problems...
After deciding to cut away the "extra" markings I then cut the whole image out and placed it upon white card stock.  Well this was the first "hard" thing I did with more to follow.  I knew I wanted to have this show through a type of opening, so I got out my circle cutter and a cut circle around my stamped image.  Well this was problem number two as then the image was too big for the card stock I had chosen.  Well, the stamped image area was quite large and I couldn't cut it down, so what to do.  I tried cutting out a hole to place in the stamped image behind the opening, but I didn't have the right size of cutter, so I just gave up and glued it down with my glue (Art Institute Glitter glue at http://www.artglitter.com/ ) on a larger card the same color I started out with.

By this time I was out of the mood in trying to be perfect and creative and knowing full well it was lacking something - but what?  I reached for my "peel offs" that I received from a friend in England and viola' it came together.  I really like the finished project, and I sure hope my partner liked it as well. 

Please enjoy my endeavors at art this past week, and stop by again.


5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love the Watercolor pencil look! It's one of my favorite techniques

Holley

Ellis said...

Stunning card! =)

Hugs, Elenor

Lynn Stevens said...

really lovely card!

the PaperTemptress said...

How funny, I have that stamp too and LOVE IT, but it hasn't ever turned out as pretty as yours is! I love the way this turned out and I often say that my best cards are the ones that have been created by fixing mistakes!
Patricia
the PaperTemptress

I Brake For Stamps said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Audrey!