Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A NEW BEGINNING

I'm hoping that creating New Year Cards, that the New Year will be a "new beginning" for us all.
To make the cards you see in the photos I used my Cuttlebug Folders. 1) The one on the left (& the far right) I used the "D'vine Swirl" folder on white card stock. 2) I then cut my red sparkly (shopping bag) card stock into diamond shapes and affixed them atop the white card stock. 3) I used the champagne glass's clear stamps by "Clear Expressions by Hampton Art" and stamped them with Memories Black ink and embossed them with Ranger clear embossing powder on some white card stock. 4) To color them, I used "gold H2O's on the glasses. 5) To give the look of liquid in the glasses I placed some Royal Coat by Plaid, Dimensional Magic on half of the glasses. 6) I punched out the corners of this white card stock with my punch from SU, and viola' 2 finished New Years cards.
The blue snowflake New Years card was made as follows: 1) White card stock embossed with Cuttlebug Folder "Snowflakes". 2) A spritz or two of shiny blue mists (this was a homemade recipe) was added to the white card stock. 3) The cuttlebug folder "Allegro" was used on the blue card stock. 4) The blue card stock was also misted with the shiny blue mist and cut out in a diamond pattern. 5) The diamond Allegro points were then affixed to the white card stock with glue. 6) A purchased "snowflake" was painted with white acrylic paint by Painters Medium from Elmer's) and while the paint was still wet, it was sprinkled with glitter (unknown kind). 7) Happy New Year words from Anna Griffin of All Night Media was stamped on white card stock and affixed with a foam dot to the snowflake. Viola' another New Year card finished. Now to do several (many many more in fact) more.
Here's wishing you and yours a very prosperous, fun & creative Happy New Year. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: