Sunday, April 19, 2009

BEING DISTRESSED

Yesterday I said I would upload a photo of some "distressed" papers that I made. Well I ended up making four of them. Now what to do with them. I have cut each sheet in quarters and so now I have 16 ready made backgrounds. OMG, I think I should have chosen some brighter colors, but a girl has to use what she has in her stash, right? From left to right they were made by layering distress inks (from Ranger products) on my craft sheet, watering the ink with a mister bottle filled with water (what else...LOL), and then the paper laid atop of this ink mixture. (Next time I'll use more water.) The far right sheet I made by crumpling the card stock first, then running my distress ink pad over this. When I got it the way I thought I wanted it, I then ironed it flat. (At least I did remember to put down some papers over my ironing board so the ink wouldn't get ironed into my ironing pad - whew!) To get to this point I had watched Tim Holtz's demoes and his videos were a great help.
The next photo is of a card that I made with one of the distress ink sheets. I don't think it turned out too bad considering I didn't like the background in the first place, so I'm happy how it turned out. I guess you could say that I was too critical of my own work, but being a type A personality, well sometimes it gets the better of me. The stamp is from Hearts in Touch, and the ink is Violet from Colorbox. The ribbon is some ribbon I had on hand and I colored it to match the card. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

christina d said...

I love your papers and the glue gun holder is the best! Where's mine? LOL!

cathy said...

I really like how your card turned out-especially since you weren't thrilled with the background at first. But it looks great with the stamps you chose.