Thursday, April 23, 2009

GOT A QUESTION

I've made my mothers day card and for the background I used some of my distressed ink sheets. I think it turned out okay, but it seems a bit bland all done in pinks. What do you think?
ALSO, I've created a "floral" card using a Hearts in Touch stamp "Iris", colored the iris with my Derwent watercolor pencils, and then attached it to a purple card stock, then atop a white card stock, and then to the card itself in purple. It is very "simple" looking, and sometimes simplicity can be very elegant looking, but I think it just needs a bit of something. What would you add?
Thanks for helping me out, and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I think the Iris card is beautiful. The only thing I could even think to suggest adding is maybe a dew drop using that glaze medium that dries but keeps its shape? I have some from Plaid called 'dimensional magic' but I know SU also sells it and many others probably do also.

You are so creative, and everything you make is so beautiful!!!

* Shell B.* said...

Hi Audrey,
1.How about some ribbon with bow on the bottom im either green or purple?
2. Ribbon with a slider on it?
3. Edge it with scallops or dry emboss the edges?
4. Weave ribbon on the left side of the card?

Hope these ideas help?
Shell in Alaska

christina d said...

I love both dards as is. The only thing on the pink card is maybe a wider ribbon and the irisis beautiful. I don't know, maybe a touch of gold? I'm not a fany card-maker either.

cathy said...

Audrey, I think the purple card is lovely just as it is. I also really like the pink card, but agree that it could use something--what I'm not sure. Perhaps if you changed out the ribbon for something bigger?