Sunday, April 5, 2009

EASTER TIME

I got a chance to play this weekend in my studio. All I wanted to do was to make a card depicting Easter, but I didn't have the "proper" stamps to make what I wanted to convey. The card on the right is what I had floating around under my grey strands for some time now. The photo doesn't do the colors justice, as they are muted colors on some glossy card stock that I had laying around. I gave the inks a half swirl (or curve) to look as if it was a rainbow above the opening of the tomb of where Jesus was buried. The cross is of some brown textured paper (mounted onto card stock for stability) that I had purchased several years ago. In one of our fiber swaps I received this piece of purple ribbon and I attached it to the cross with vellum tape and affixed all of this with foam mounting tape to the glossy card stock. I then affixed the card front to a lavender/purple card stock that I had in my stash and I think it turned out "fairly" well. The words are inked with little stamps that I received in another swap we have had. (Too bad I can't print straight..LOL) The words were mounted onto the card stock with more foam tape. Back to the drawing table for another card similar to this. Enjoy. ( inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ) Thank you for taking your time to have a look see.

1 comment:

christina d said...

I really like your card. It's beautiful! Such great uses for bits & pieces.