Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SPRING IS SPRINGING

Yup, we're beginning to have "gentler" rains, as the birds are singing, and my flowers are popping their heads through the soil. I think Spring is Springing. (I can be optimistic...LOL)
The daffodils are about done blooming though, but my tulips are blooming and they are gorgeous. The photo on the left is of a "real" daffodil in my garden. No, the card on the right is Not a real tulip. I try to be creative, but there is no way I could be as creative as He is.
The tulip card was created as follows: 1) I stamped the Hearts in Touch Rubber Stamp ( http://www.heartsintouch.com/ ) image with Memories Black dye ink. (Note: Frances Naeve of HIT has great rubber, prices and good delivery so please tell her Audrey sent you.)
2) It was then embossed with clear embossing powder.
3) I then colored the image with Derwent water color pencils (naples yellow & sap green).
4) This was then affixed to a yellow card stock (unknown).
5) Then I affixed it to a white card stock (unknown).
6) I then glued all of this to the upper right corner of the yellow card.
7) The stamp of words, Spring, I believe came from Hearts in Touch also, and stamped it in the lower right corner.
8) I chose to affix three little flower brads to a ribbon of yellow/white/green, which I glued to the card.
I hope where you live the weather will cooperate and bring some Spring to you. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Hello!! I've just discovered your blog through the TJ site. I love your creations! I've spent a few minutes rapidly reviewing some of your past posts. I also like to "play" with gesso. And that "sticky sheetrock tape"! Love that stuff. =)

I live in SE Missouri and have two sisters who live near Jonesboro, AR. So, we may not be very far from each other.

Oh...and we also experienced the "Great Ice Storm of '09". We were without power for about 10 days. My mother in law's power was out for about 3 weeks. Guess where she stayed? Yeahp!! You guess it -- with us. Could have been some harrowing tales ...but she's a great MIL. =)

I'll be checking out your blog from time to time and I will check out the Inky Fun Stampers also.

Gaye Miller - SE Missouri