Saturday, March 21, 2009

TIME IS FLYING BY

WOW, time sure has a way of flying by when you get on your hands and knees (not only to pray), but to work out amongst your flower beds. Since the ice storm we have been taking time out each day to not only thank the dear Lord for our blessings, but also to weed, plant flowers, and we even put up some chicken wire (tech. term) to keep our towns favorite pets (deer) out of the flowers they so love to munch on.
Yesterday I took some time out for me. I went into my studio and was looking around on Tim Holt's "demo" site ( http://www.timholtz.com/demos.html ) to see what was new that I could try. Since time seemed to be escaping me as I watched his video, I sat about to give his "Air Splatter" technique a try. It is so simple and the colors that I used makes this card front look like a "celebration" card.
The how to is as follows: 1) I used only three (plain) Alcohol Inks (not the AI Brights he used). I used pesto, butterscotch and red pepper. 2) The can of air that I used is called Air Duster by Fellowes (www.fellowes.com) and yes I did use the little straw that came with the can. [Note to myself: Next time I may use a larger straw &/or no straw at all.] 3) Glossy card stock I received from Patricia Dunbar (http://www.papertemptress.com) This card stock is to die for with its rich, creamy, shimmery, & glossy look to it, and it is so easy to use and it gives you that "Pop" look. 4) As in Tim's video, I dropped several drops of the AI on the card stock. 5) immediately gave a couple very light quick shots of air, and viola' splatters. Absolutely gorgeous if I may say so (patting oneself on the back and grinning from ear to ear).
That's all I've done so far as my gardening and housework is calling out to me. We have had several home showings this week by our realtor, so I'd better get busy and get my studio back in shape, just in case of another showing. Thanks for looking and if you care to please leave a note.

4 comments:

christina d said...

I like how you used the AIs. I wrote the colors down so I won't forget. I hope the home showings do some good.

Debby said...

Audry this is fabulous! Cannot wait to see your final project. The possibilties are tremendous!

loretta said...

Audry;

I know you are enjoying working in your garden, my dh and I are waiting for the last frost (which will be this week) to plant. I love the reinkers and canned air spray technique, you can get some nifty designs!

Loretta

very_inky_fingers said...

This is beautiful..thanks for sharing. I have no canned air but I will try it with a straw..I think I have some of those thin drinking straws. If it doesn't work I will mix up some Spanish Coffee with a dollop of whipped cream...LOL!
Mary GW (stampers Corner)