Saturday, March 28, 2009

CLOSED MYSELF IN TODAY

Other than a few things that I "had" to get done around my home, I basically closed myself in my studio and proceeded to create some cards for a couple of the swaps on Inky Fun Stampers group. We have a lot of fun on Inky Fun so I'm hoping you'll follow this link to join us and have some fun, share art, and swap cards. What you waiting for?
Here are two of the cards that I created today. I've had the paper and card stock lying around for some time now, and I can't even remember where I got it...duh!!! The card on the left is made with a 1) Hearts in Touch photo stamp ( http://www.heartsintouch.com/ ). 2) I colored some of the image with chalks from Craf-T Products ( http://www.craf-tproducts.com/ ). 3) I then applied Krylon Workable Fixatif. You can purchase this at your craft store &/or at a Lowe's or Home Depot. The Fixatif makes it so that the chalk won't rub off. Yippee!!! 4) I affixed a light pink ribbon and bow to the card. 5) I embellished the ribbon with a "faux metal" stamped image of scissors. The image also comes from the Hearts in Touch line. You can see the faux metal tutorial at the following ink.
It was a fun to make this card as I haven't played with any Hearts in Touch stamps for some time. You know the reason for this if you've been following my blog.
The card on the right was made with unknown 1) blue and peach papers. 2) The lime green paper is really a large paint chip that I've had laying around, but they all seemed to want to go together. I hear voices talking to me when I'm creating...bawaaaahahaha!!! 3) The stamped image is a Stampin Up image from their "Not so short notes" series. (I don't know where I got these stamps, but I do know they are "old" ones as they have been lying around in one of my drawers for years, sorry to say. 4) I affixed a punched out "squiggle" (technical term) on the left hand side. 5) I then placed three flowers with matching centers (of the card backgrounds) on the lower right. 6) It seemed like it needed something more so I found a punched out butterfly embellishment, and viola' another card made.
The ink that I used in both of these cards was Memories Black dye ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I hope you enjoy looking at both of my creations and will come back for another visit. Have a creative day, and leave a note if you care to. Thanks for looking.

No comments: