Sunday, March 29, 2009

MY FUNNY BONE GOT TICKLED

A great gal sent me a joke today and I've been laughing all day long. So keeping in the spirit of laughter and to do a funny birthday swap for Inky Fun Stampers inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com I chose a stamp from I Brake For Stamps http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ . This is how I made the card:
1) I chose a creamy white glossy card stock from the Paper Temptress
2) With a brayer I brayered Toile Pink Palette Hybrid Ink from Stewart Superior http://www.stewartsuperior.com/ onto the glossy card stock;
3) I used my heat gun to make sure the ink was dry;
4) With a water mister I misted the inked card stock with water;
5) Once misted I applied Interference Blue & Interference Red Perfect Pearls (from Ranger) with a brush;
6) Misted the card stock again with water;
7) I then blotted with a paper towel to dry.
8) I chose a darker pink card stock to back my image (paper unknown)
9) On white card stock I stamped my image from I Brake For Stamps; (The words are from I Brake from Stamps also)
10) I colored the image with Roseart Washable Super Tip Markers ( http://www.roseart.com/ ). I believe I purchased these at a Super Wal Mart since I couldn't afford the "real" copic markers.
11) Affixed a light pink ribbon onto the card, and viola' a giggle for this evening as well.
You can't tell from the photo, but the card is all shimmery. Okay, I'm off to make another of these cards and I'm hoping you'll try this also. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

K said...

too funny! great card!