Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A FINISHED PROJECT

It's a stormy rainy day here in Arkansas and my daughter and her family are off visiting my son-in-laws family in another town, so I had this afternoon just to play - I should say "finish" my Tim Holtz Air Splatter Technique cards. Tim's technique is quite easy, and the results are fantabulous. (My how to is in the following March 21, 2009 entry.)
In the card with the "bird and flowers" I used See-D's stamps by inque boutique and their stamping info can be found at http://www.inqueboutique.com/ . I used Memories black dye ink pad with black embossing powder (unknown maker). I didn't have the "archival" ink that Tim said to use, hence the black embossing powder on top of the black dye ink to make sure it came out dark. Most of which it did - got to get some archival ink...LOL. I then attached a white organza ribbon & bow.
The "Celebrate" card was done in the same fashion and using the same floral stamp by See-D's. The word Celebrate is a stamp by Clear Expressions by Hampton Art (#C84231) and can be found at http://www.hamptonart.com/ .
Enjoy my attempt at our art, and thanks for looking.

4 comments:

kc_froglady said...

I really like the celebrate card - great with the bright colors and that technique looks fun - I have that on my agenda to try tomorrow while I am home.

christina d said...

They really came out pretty. I love this technique more and more.

Manna said...

WOW, Audrey, these are fantastic! I love the bright bold colours! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love these Air Splatter cards! Great combo on colors! Wonderful!