Saturday, April 18, 2009

A GIFT & I'M A HAPPY STAMPER

Today my husband surprised me with a "gift" he made. I showed him a photo of this heat gun stand and asked if he could make one similar to it for me. He didn't say much at the time, more or less grunted like most husband's do when us wives give them a "hint" that they would like something...LOL He is a master carpenter (retired), so I knew he was up to the task, but when would it get done is another thing. Well today I received my "gift" all painted and ready to use. In the photo it looks as if the heat gun is tilted, which I guess it does look that way, but it does stand perfectly straight up and down if I'm not pulling on the cord. Duh!!! This tool is a good thing (as Martha Stewart would say) as it frees ups my hands. I have experimented with it by making some distress card stock sheets and it really is a beautiful and doable gift. Thank you dear husband.
Later I will show you my distress card stock that I made. I went hog wild and made 4 distress sheets following Tim Holtzs' technique. You can view the technique here: http://www.timholtz.com/vid_distressink.htm Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

wasn't he a sweet man!
looks handy too

Scrap-Happy Mama said...

He did a FABULOUS job! I've seen similar stands in various scrap rooms as I'm browsing about checking out others rooms. Looks so handy. Maybe my hubby needs to get handy now. :) Hope you're feeling better soon!