Sunday, November 28, 2010

ANOTHER CARD

Its another cold (cool by others standards) day in AR, so it was another good day to stay in my studio with the fireplace on.  At least we don't have that bad four letter word that out west and parts of the Midwest has gotten.  Whew!!!

I've been trying to use up a lot of my papers that I have lying around that isn't big enough for a card, but small enough to use as trim.  Do you have that problem too?  Well, the card to the right is one of those "scraps" you might say, but I'm happy how it turned out. 

I used a "Cornish Game" stamp of the month (Jan. 2010) stamp, and colored it with my Der Went water color pencils.  Before the coloring I just had to add some glitter to the snowballs and the huge snow balls.  I'm hoping you can enlarge the photo to see the glitter.   (Silver Fire Opal Embossing Powder by Embossing Arts Co. located in Tangent, OR is what I used.  I think I bought this at one of the conventions I've gone to in AZ. I'm sorry for not remembering.)  I also added via a Rubber Stampede double tipped embossing pen some glitter to the snowflakes that are in the green edging of the card.  This green edging was embossed with the Snowflake folder from Cuttlebug in my Wizard.  The lattice was punched using the Martha Stewart punch that I found at my local Wal Mart. 

I stamped the words "Sending you" (by Plaids Anna Griffin Seasons Greetings) at the top, and then inside I attached a white piece of plain paper (to somewhat hide the green area), and stamped "Greetings of the Season".  Viola, another card done...enjoy and comments are always welcomed.  Until next time...

5 comments:

Faye said...

beautiful!!

Vickie Kertz said...

Audrey, Cute card. Good idea using some of your old paper. I have so much stuff I bought and just had to have and haven't used.

Unknown said...

Cute card, and I'm glad we don't have that four letter word that they're getting in the northern part of this state....

Liz folsom said...

That's some pretty snowball. Great card.

lizzy

* Shell B.* said...

Great job on the cards Audrey!

Hugs Shell~Alaska♥