Saturday, November 13, 2010

CHRISTMAS 2010 CARDS STARTED

I started my Christmas Cards and what gave me the inspiration was a swap card that I made for an Inky Fun Stampers group.  (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inkyfunstampers/ )

I stamped and embossed the Christmas Tree stamp from Michael Strong on green card stock with white ink from Martha Stewart line, and white embossing powder from Ranger products.  I mounted that onto white card stock, which I mounted those onto a red velvet card stock.  I stamped/embossed Merry Christmas, stamp from Plaid, with white ink & embossing powder onto the red velvet card stock.  I placed a piece of ribbon, from American crafts, between the tree and word stamping. 

I then used my Cuttlebug Snow Flake folder to emboss snow flakes onto a piece of acetate.  I then use white ink and went over the raised images.  I used vellum tape to adhere the embossed acetate to the red velvet card stock. 

I hope the person that received this enjoys it, as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Thank you for looking and until next time....Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice card......love the snowflake embossing and the tree stamped in white :)

Daria said...

Thank you for explaining how you made this. Very clever. I was trying to figure it out, but I didn't think of an overlay of acetate. You did a great job highlighting the embossed design.