Saturday, November 27, 2010

WINTER CARDS

We woke up to 31 degrees outside and it felt that way on the inside too, but the thermostat said 65 degrees.  I'm still not used to this southern mid west weather.  So since it was so cold I buried myself in my studio with my fireplace on and started on some cards, and the "Winter" theme just came to mind...LOL.

I didn't have a pattern for these cards, so I was winging it.  Me measure anything - you've got to be kidding.  Well most of the time I do, but today I just folded the card stock and hoped it would all fit.  The hardest part was getting the folds all lined up. 

On the outside front of the white card (seen on the left) I used my Wizard and Snowflake Cuttlebug folder to emboss snowflakes.  I had a felt covered snowflake for the hanging one and that was my inspiration.  The blue part was embossed with the snowflake Cuttlebug folder and placed in the middle of the card.  I then cut out an oval on white card stock and hung the felt snowflake from this. 

The red card (seen on the right) is a Christmas bauble that I embossed with the snowflake Cuttlebug folder, and then used my white ink to go over the raised areas.  On the inside is white card stock embossed with the Snowflake Cuttlebug folder and finished off like above. 

I enjoyed making these and I just may form an "assembly line" and make more.  I just hope that the recipients will enjoy them as much as I did in making them.  Until next time stay warm....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful
Denise(AZ)

Faye said...

Wow, these are great. Wonderful inspiration!
Faye

cathy said...

Beautiful cards, Audrey.

Christy said...

These are sooo cool! Great cards!

* Shell B.* said...

Wow I'm gonna have to try makin' one or two of these myself!
Pretty darn kewl!!

Hugs Shell~Alaska♥

P.S. I'm on the ban wagon to nix all word verifications