Sunday, July 27, 2008

HOT and HUMID and FRUSTRATION

It is soooooo Humid and Hot here in AR that I am staying in. I think my health is a bit more important than trudging into weather that you can't breathe. Let alone you perspire as if you just stepped out of the shower and didn't dry off before putting your clothes on. Well you get the picture (and it's not a very pretty one either...LOL)
So what have I been doing by staying in you ask? Well, I just Had to do some housework, YUCK, then it was time to fix our Dinner (we've been eating our big meal at noon). It was a simple one of Fried Eggplant, fresh homegrown tomatoes, and canned peas. Yummy. This is probably one of my all time favorite summer dishes, and really good for me too.
While my dh and our doggie (Molly) took their naps, I had a chance to play. The two ATC's were so much fun to make. I had used some of the background papers that I have in my "stash". These particular backgrounds were made by making my own spray washes with PE and water, and I'll be if they didn't turn out looking good...(patting myself on the back). I then stamped the the words "its a boy" or "its a girl" on the perspective backgrounds. Then for some "frustration" - making those little tiny paper diapers, let alone trying to put a safety pin through paper. I forgot, yes forgot how to make an old fashioned 3 corner diaper (after all my kids you wouldn't have thought I would have forgot). I thought in case these should ever be sent out to someone who will be having a baby, I stamped and cutout with deckle scissors the word "Congratulations".
I saw my Wizard machine looking so forlorn and sad, that I thought I should make it happy by getting my Cuttlebug folders out and having some fun with that too. I chose to use the "Happy Birthday" one and then used a corresponding ink from Colorbox Petal Points to "highlight" the words. I then chose the Indian with Baby from I Brake for Stamps as the perfect "happy birth-day" image. I didn't think that was enough so I chose a similar looking fiber and attached that to the card. Whew, that one is done and I like how it came out.
The "Hello Friend" card was me trying to use up some of my "scraps" that I have in a basket near me. No real challenge on this one "except" I got the 'brilliant' idea of making "half inchies" to set the card off. Have you ever tried to cut, glue, etc. one half inch pieces? Let me tell you, with a few well chosen words to myself of "...why Audrey did you think of this...?" I managed to get them stuck on. I had a little piece of purple ribbon left over so I added that to set this card off. I then stamped & embossed the words "hello friend". Well that is enough fun for one day as it is now "lunch time" and my dh and doggie are letting me know they are being "starved" with me in here. (Yeah right - we all need to diet a bit more.) Enjoy and leave a comment (good or bad as I learn from you all).

1 comment:

christina d said...

I love what you've done. Everything is beautiful. I know what you mean about the weather. Right now it's 102 at 6:30 here in Wister, OK!!