Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PLAYING AGAIN

Yesterday and today I'm playing in my craft room and wow does this feel good. I didn't realize how soothing to my nerves this would be. I felt as if I were getting stampers block until some of the Inky Fun Stampers members gave me suggestions. It sure is hard getting back into a routine when you've been on vacation, then coming back home and ending up in the emergency room (previously mentioned). Today is a new beginning for me as I go to the doctor and most importantly I'm on the road to creating my art again.
The "Goddess" card was made for Heather Adams of Fairy Art Song in an Inky Fun Stampers swap. The fairy is one of her stamps as is the wordage. Her stamps are so detailed which makes them so very easy and fun to work with. I'm hoping she'll like her card. For the background I used dtp Color Box Petal Point pigment inks. The stamps were from Fairy Art Song with the exception of the water lilies and the cat-tails as I hand drew and cut these out. I colored the images with Prisma Color Pencils and mineral spirits. What can I say on my first attempt at doing this type of art...but I'll keep trying this one.
The Thank You card is for the Emergency Room personnel at our very small Salem AR hospital. They were so very kind to myself and my dh. I told them I rubber stamped, but for the non-rubber stamper they don't fully grasp the idea. Maybe I can make some converters this way....LOL. The cutout image is from Della Warr of I Brake for Stamps which are some of the very best detailed and deeply etched stamps which (again) makes them so very easy and fun to work with. I colored the image with Prisma Colored pencils and mineral spirits. For the backgrounds I used the Color Box petal point pigment inks in a dtp fashion. I used some very small blue brads, and this was all done on water color paper. The "Thank You" stamp I don't remember where I purchased this - probably from a LSS in Mesa AZ (which is now out of business I hear - very sad). I chose to layer this all on a cream colored card stock. The rose image is "lifted" with foam tape. I do hope the ER personnel will enjoy this as I don't think they get many "hand created" art.
Well, I'm off to get myself gathered together for the day. Enjoy and please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Audrey!
WOW!!! That was a LOT of work trimming ALL those images on your card!!! You have very good fine motor skills (can you tell I'm a retired school teacher?!?! LOL!!!)! These are BEAUTIFUL cards!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards. I'm glad you're feeling better. God Bless!