Friday, July 25, 2008

NEW STAMPS BECOME HABIT FORMING PLAY

I received a plate of new stamps from Heather Adams of Faerie Song stamps (you can find them at the following link: http://www.faeriesong.com/artstamps ) She has some marvelous stamps that are deeply etched and so easy to work with. After coloring the dragon with my prisma pencils and mineral spirits, I saw that I had made a boo boo or two by color "outside" of the lines. (I know send me back to coloring class 101 - I deserve it...LO) . Well, I decided to cut him out and "layer" him with foam tape which in itself was a feat - sooooo many little areas and such a wide piece of tape I had to cut down. I then needed a "background" so I looked in my trusty stash and found one that was the right color and possibly the theme I had in mind. I made the background some time ago, and I believe it was the " AI smoosh Technique". You put several colors of AI on an acetate folder along with a couple of dabs of silver AI Metallics and you close the folder, brayer over it, then open it back up, take 2 pieces of glossy cardstock and put them (with their glossy sides outward) inside the folder and brayer over it again. WoW - you get a "smooshed" very pretty look. I then put them onto a "cantaloupe" color card stock which was affixed to a purple card stock card. I think it all came out pretty good, except I think I need to add something, but not sure what. If you have a suggestion, please post your suggestion. Thank you in advance for your suggestions, and leaving a comment.

No comments: