Friday, July 24, 2009

3-D TRY

Today was a very sunny & humid day, so I turned the air conditioner on and came into my studio to finish a card I started yesterday. This card was stamped on water color paper and the images were stamped with I Brake For Stamps. I colored the images with Derwent water color pencils. You really can't tell from the photo, but I stamped the background images twice, colored them, and then I cut out some of them. The deer is a separate stamping. I cut out of the second stamping/coloring some of the leaves of the trees, put foam tape on the backing and affixed to the card. I also stamped/colored the downed log and bushes (in that area), and affixed them to the card with foam tape. The deer was colored and cut out and affixed with foam tape. This image was then affixed to white card stock that I swiped the edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger Industries, and then affixed all of this to chocolate brown card stock. I also used the word stamp from I Brake For Stamps called "Friendship", stamped it with brown ink (don't remember the name of the ink), onto white card stock and again swiped the Walnut Stain Distress Ink onto the edges and affixed it to the brown card stock. To me, this was Not an easy card to make as it had a lot of "parts" (as I call them) to it. I think it will make a nice male card for some man in my life. Thank you for looking and happy creating.

2 comments:

christina d said...

I love it! That is such a pretty card. I like how you've done all the layering.

* Shell B.* said...

Hey Audrey,
Nice job! loved how you put everything together....so outdoors!

Shell~Alaska