Wednesday, July 29, 2009

GRADUATION CARD

Today was a day of getting ready for our garage sale. What a chore this is, but most of the time it is worth it. My hubby and I worked most of the afternoon, but he and I needed a break, so he went and laid down for his nap, and I came into my craft room. I still had graduation on my mind since school is starting up again, so I made this card. I used white card stock as the base for this creation. The rest of the card stocks were "scraps" that I had laying around. I drew my own graduation cap in black, punched a very tiny hole in the middle, affixed the tassel with a black brad, then mounted it on red card stock, and then onto white card stock to form the square, that was affixed to a black rectangle card stock. I cut out a circle of red card stock and affixed it to the card, but not before cutting out a moon shape from the right corner of the black rectangle card stock. In the bottom right hand corner of the card I used a small square of the black card stock and cut small moon shape out of it. I wanted a "diploma" on the card somewhere, so I added the black ribbon to "soften" the look of the card. I then rolled a small piece of white card stock, glued it shut, then added a black piece of embroidery thread to hold it. I affixed this to where the black ribbons intersect, and viola' I thought the card was done...LOL. I remembered I wanted to "finish off" the inside of the card, so I cut another cap from black card stock, and atop this I affixed a red rectangle. I wrote "Congratulations" in gold embossing powder on white card stock and affixed that to the red. Now I'm done with the card. I hope you enjoyed my creation today, and that you have a creative day. Stop back again.

No comments: