Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MORE FUN ON A RAINY DAY

The rain has persisted, and I have too - that is stamping...LOL. I made this card to the right to use up what was left of the trio colors of the Wal Mart Glitter paint. I used a piece of ribbon that I had in my ribbon stash, and tying a knot in the middle of it. I still had some floral fabric left so I backed the white card stock with it. The stamp, "When I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes," is from the Stampabilities line and can be found at www.craftsetc.com . I love making what I call fun cards, but I think this rain is making me goofy, so I'd better get serious...LOL. This next card is going to be a "Thank you" to a special friend of mine who sent me this stamp. I do hope she'll enjoy my rendition of it. The card stock is chocolate brown, upon which I layered a white painted surface on copper card stock. Then came a deep burgundy velvet paper I had laying around, and then I stamped the image upon white card stock. I colored the image with Derwent water color pencils, but it looked a bit bland, so I used my distress inks from Ranger. I wanted to high light the lady's face so I removed some of the ink from that area. Within the image there is a clothespin that is holding a button (all stamped), and I really wanted this to stand out so I cut along the clothes pin stamp and inserted a real button, and glued all of this down again. The left side of the image was stamped with what looked like to me as lace, so yes I just had to add "real" lace to the card. To top all of it off I had added a white organza bow behind the layers and to the right of the stamped image. Viola' I am finished with it, so now to the mailbox I go so she can enjoy it also. Thank you for stopping by, and I'm hoping you'll come again and leave a comment.

6 comments:

K said...

beautiful cards! I especially love the vintage lady one!

cathy said...

Love the cards, Audrey, especially the old fashioned lady one. You did a great job!

Faye said...

These are wonderful! The colors on the first are fantastic. And the second one looks so classy!

Zeborah Loray said...

You are having fun!
Love the cards- the vibrant colors on the first are yummy and the subdued tones on the second are quite elegant.

christina d said...

Both of these cards are great. Don't know about you but I'm ready for some rain.

* Shell B.* said...

OMG Your on a roll making cards with some of your rainy days......hope your not drowning yet! LOL

Both card are wonderful!

Shell~Alaska