Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chef's Hat Days

I haven't been doing much in my studio today as I've been creating in my kitchen. I think the correct terminology is a bad 7 letter word for me - "cooking". I'm not much for cooking, baking, housework etc, but they are necessary evils, and with all of the groceries I just purchased I thought I had better get some meals prepared and frozen for future use (when stamping is all I want to do). So far I have made 8 servings of Leek/Sweet Potato Soup, 6 Servings of Beef Macaroni dinner (something like Hamburger helper), and 12 servings of Sausage Lasagna - yum yum. My poor husband has been really getting dish pan hands, and my freezer is groaning having to freeze all that prepared food. I've still got a couple more days of cooking, then I will have enough meals prepared for an entire month - YIPPEE!!! Oh, I've also made 20 jelly jars of Strawberry jam - double yum yum!!!! The jam I put in a closet for safe keeping until this winter. I make my own jams and jellies and give them as Christmas presents, along with other handmade items. Well, back to the grind stone called a "kitchen". Enjoy and if you would like any of my recipes, just give me a shout at huffpede@yahoo.com

3 comments:

netha said...

Well you are really creating!
Wow, then you have your food for the rest of your month! :-)
I love lasanga.
Have a great day.

Hope said...

I think I need to take a page out of your book- I also am not much on housework, cooking, etc. but my family won't let me get away with not feeding them- and believe me, I've tried! hehehe...

I'm glad I had a chance to peek at your blog- I've been meaning to, but life is so busy sometimes.

I really like the card for your son's birthday. I think I'll try my hand at that new twist on the faux silk techinque. I really liked the backgrounds also- I am longing for a Cuttlebug! Maybe for my birthday... :)

Have a wonderful day, Audrey!

Hope

Unknown said...

MMMM A month's worth of groceries all done at once... I could use some of that motivation! It's hard to think up a month of meals for just two ppl... lol! You will have to share some of your recipes and tips and techniques for preppign and freezing that many meals!

:)

Erin