Thursday, April 24, 2008

No More Blahs

Whilst it was pouring outside I poured over a new technique that I learned through Technique Junkies (you just have to sign-up for this). The title of the technique is "reinker splash tutorial". Talk about messy, WHEW was it ever...LOL and yes I got ink all over me. Duh on me - forgot to use my rubber gloves, you know the ones that I keep hanging on my light bar in plain sight so I don't forget to wear them. Chalk it up to "senior moments". In the photo you'll see that one has more "darker" spots on it than the other - well those darker spots were the "copper" ink I put down but it didn't thin out - just sat there. Oh, well, it gives this project a bit of a "fruity" look to it. I used Banktok ink refills in the yellow, red, and brown colors along with that nasty copper metallic ink. All you do is take a Report cover, some glossy card stock, 2 or more reinkers (dye or pigment), a metallic reinker, clear embossing powder and a brayer (acrylic or rubber). Take the report cover, open it up, spread your ink on the page protector, cover this and roll with brayer to mix inks (but not too much). Then you place the glossy sheets back to back of each other and place in between the page report covers over the inked areas, close the cover, and brayer over this. Then you remove these glossy pieces and set aside, so you can do this again with more glossy card stock to use up the ink. Oh, remember that embossing powder - well this is where you add it to the inked glossy pages, remove the excess, and emboss with your heat tool. (note: This is especially true if you use pigment ink as it will not dry.) Then you can use these gorgeous backgrounds for that or you can stamp on it. I do hope you'll try it, as it was a "messy inky fun" to do, especially on this rainy day. Comments are always welcome.

No comments: