Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sons Birthday Card

Today is a beautiful sunny day. I will be going for a walk after I post this but in the meantime.... I happen to be going through my e-mails and looking at others blogs and made a connection with a "faux silk" type of card. All she mentioned was stamping an image on a neutral color card stock, then color/dry it, then crinkle up some tissue paper and lay it aside while she spread glue all over her card stock and then applied the crinkled up tissue paper. Her card was very good looking, so I thought I would try my hand at it. To the right is my attempt at this. Note: I tried to spread some ink just on the edges, but ooops, some of it got on the tissue paper, sooooooooooo, I ended up spreading (very lightly) some of the ink all over the card. I then applied some of the same ink to a gross grain ribbon and then put it through a buckle and attached this to the card. I will probably send this card to my son for his birthday. I think it needs something more so please enjoy and leave a comment. TIA.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I haven't tried this technique yet, but I love how yours turned out. I think the brown on the tissue paper gives it a rich look.

Thanks for sharing. I definately will try this technique now.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, the only suggestion would be to layer it on maybe a brown or blue or both. Love the stamp, who makes it?
Betty McCommon