Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some Studio Time

Besides cooking up a batch of Tuscan Soup that's on the stove right now, I've been playing in my studio. Remember the "Reinker Splash" backgrounds I did several days ago, well I finally got over my fear of cutting them up and here are some of the pieces I've made so far. The stamped words are by Hero Arts You Make me Smile collection. I colored the flower with ink to "match" the carstock. I'll upload more of this type of art later.
In the meantime I saw a couple of calendar pages that I loved the flowers on, so I just "Had" to make them into cards. This is where you take you little magic bag to go over the calendar page so no static happens when you emboss the image. I then stamped the http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ image (sorry I don't have the name for this one) with Versa Mark ink, embossed it in gold and cut the image out. Simple technique but I love how it looks with a detailed stamp. You'd never know that the background was a huge flower. Now, I'm back to creating again, so I'll post more with more techniques. Enjoy and please leave a comment. Thanks.

1 comment:

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!! I really need to start using all the calendar pages I've collected :-))