Saturday, August 16, 2008

A DULL DRUM KIND OF DAY

Today has been a dull drum kind of day. Gloomy then sunny, but very humid. It has been a welcomed cool kind of past two days, then today came along and I thought for me it is just best to stay in, turn up the fans and the dehumidifier, and create to my hearts content.
I happen to see an "origami" style card and decided I needed to try this. These are my interpretations of that card I saw. On my web site of Inky Fun Stampers ( inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ) we have a lot of fun trying new techniques in our swaps. One of the swaps is "Summertime" - create your art using flowers, so I think this will fit the bill for that swap, plus one extra one. These were rather easy to make once I got the measurements down. The inside of the (green - bottom card) seems a bit larger than I really wanted it, so I "adjusted" the measurements and came up with the top (pink card). I had to "color" the flower on the pink card as it just didn't seem like it should be "plain white"...LOL
The paper I used on the pink card I made by using tissue paper adhered with spray adhesive on a white card stock. I have a lot of different styles and colors of tissue paper and this is one way to create with what you have. On the green card I used a double sided paper from http://www.cratepaper.com/ in the "birdie collection" named peacock. This paper seemed a bit heavier and harder to crease even though I was using my Scor-it. Okay, onward to my next artistic endeavors.
I had some scraps of the Pearlized Gesso Technique found in the August 2008 Technique Junkies Newsletter and a lightbulb went off - make a couple of ATC's. The "dance" ATC was created using the Faux Cloisonne Technique which can be found here:
http://b-muse.com/Techniques-Embossing-C.HTM then adhered to the background with art glitter glue ( http://www.artglitter.com/ ) This glue dries clear and fairly quickly is the reason I love this stuff. Well that was pretty easy and quickly done since I already had the images pre-stamped and pre-cut. The images are from Della Warr and I Brake For Stamps.
The next ATC background was done on the Pearlized Gesso Technique also. The pear was also done with the Faux Cloisonne Technique and adhered with the art glitter glue. The pear stamp I believe came from Frances Naeve of Hearts in Touch. I really don't remember as I have re-mounted some of my stamps and "forgot" to list the company's name. That is a big no-no in my book, so if Frances is looking in I do apologize for this oversight, and thank you for the EZ Mount system that you have on your website of Hearts in Touch ( http://www.heartsintouch.com/ ).
I had fun creating these and I do hope you enjoy viewing them. I now have to shut my craft room down and return to the reality of a wife and cooking dinner. Then it is onward to watching the Olympics. Please leave a comment if you care to as this is how I learn - from you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More gorgeous cards. Not humid here, but I haven't been outside much. Only 82 here in Wister OK. I'm gonna check out the fake cloissone. Sounds neat!

Debby said...

Audrey these are wonderful as is everything on your blog. I love the dance images on your Faux Cloisonne Technique. Fabulous! I think I have to have them.

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

The oragami cards with the flowers are beautiful! I think they would look great on the top of a small gift box. Thank you for sharing these.
Nancy J.

Snoopy said...

Audrey,
You've been given the "I Love Your Blog" award on my blog! You can pick it up on my blog. Thanks for all the inspiration!
~ Snoopy :D

www.snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com