Tuesday, August 26, 2008

GOOD DAYS/BAD DAYS

Wow, I haven't posted in almost 1 1/2 weeks. Must be slipping. Not!!!! Just been running to the doctors, having tests done, and now the reports are starting to trickle in. My EKG is normal, I have diabetes, which I already knew, my cholesterol etc. is way out of whack, and a few other minor things is wrong. So what's knew?!!!! I'm now on diabetic medicine, which I have been on for some time but I think I'll see if that can change as he thinks my levels are too high - so we'll have to see what happens there. He put me on some meds to lower the cholesterol etc., and we'll have to see what the results are after a month. He did set me up with his nurse practitioner to go over my eating habits etc. - this should be interesting to say the least. Although I will say I've been a good girl, and am trying to do even better. He also has put me on an anti-depressant med and I think it is too strong as I can't even function with the smallest of tasks. Thank goodness for a dh as sometimes he does all of the cooking and housework for me. We'll have to see about this med for me, as I think it not only is too strong for me, but the side effects are a killer. Well, I'm going to try to create today, so I'll share with you when I have something done. Thank you for looking.

1 comment:

FibreJunky said...

Oh, you poor dear! I totally get the side-effects business, but stick with it if you can. Sometimes they ease up once your body gets used to the new medications. If not, there are others out there that may work better. Definitely don't give up. Good to hear the EKG is normal.