Friday, August 1, 2008

MAN'S INTERSANCTUM

Have you ever ventured into your dh's workshop or garage? It can be a very scary place for a female type person...LOL Yesterday I did exactly that and I got some very sticky fingers as I "lifted" his "self stick tape for sheet rock". (I think we rubber stampers call it 'mesh tape'.) Crept back to my room, placed it on my table, and wouldn't you know it but got caught...Darn! After explaining what I wanted to use it for he said, "...I have a "small roll" of it out there that you can have..." yep, wouldn't you just know it. After applying the tape to my card stock I sprayed all of it with Walnut Ink (antiquing solution) by Tsukineko. Note to self: Don't over spray next time. I then stamped my image which is from I Brake for Stamps and can be found at: http://www.ibrakeforstamps.com/ , colored the image with my Derwent water color pencils, which can be seen here: http://www.pencils.co.uk/ , then I mounted the image on some brown card stock (unknown type) which then was mounted on white card stock and affixed to the sprayed larger card stock. The word of "Friends" (Everyday Object Alphabet Stickers) came from the Dollar Store here in my hometown. Now I'm off to practice spraying this marvelous ink on another "texture" card making, and finish my "garden card". Enjoy, and please leave a goor or bad comment if you wish.

3 comments:

christina d said...

I love your card. Of course I love all the art you do!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work of art!

Zeborah Loray said...

I think I may have some of that mesh tape around here somewhere. I'll have to give it a try.
Love the way your card turned out