Sunday, November 9, 2008

AH FALL IS IN THE AIR

Ah yes, fall is in the air and I've been
creating fall cards.
The "brown" one was created by spritzing Walnut Ink by Tsukineko ( http://www.tsukineko.com/ ) on white card stock. In the middle I stamped a maple leaf in black Memories Ink and clear embossing powder, then cut out the leaf up to the embossed edges. (I did not have a leaf punch hence the stamping, embossing and cutting.) On another piece of white card stock I taped 5 different colors of ribbon and attached this to the back of the Walnut Inked card stock. I then stamped leaves on orange card stock and some left over Walnut Ink card stock, cut them out and glued them onto the card stock. I then applied a ribbon (From Seasons Bobbin Ribbon) that says "Autumn Leaves" with different orange colored leaves on it, and also placed a clip embellishment onto the ribbon and attached all with E6000 glue. I then affixed all of this to a white card. I made several of these cards to mail out to friends & family.
The next card I made was a "business type card"...LOL I stamped the card stock with the stamp by Stampers Happen, Inc. ( http://www.stampshappen.com/ ) called "Amish" which takes a bit of doing as it is a largish stamp. To color the scene I used my water color pencils by Derwent ( http://www.pencils.co.uk/files/catalogue/72409%20Derwent%20Brochure_1-11Final%20Final.pdf ) and I really enjoy using these pencils as I can get a lot or as little color as I wish to use. After coloring the stamped image I affixed it with double sided tape to an orange card stock and then onto the white card. I off set the so I could add a "silk leaf" that I purchased from the Dollar Store, and over the leaf I added the ribbon of Autumn Leaves as listed above.
Simple cards, but the message to my family and friends on the inside is heart felt from myself and my husband. I hope you enjoy what I have created.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Love your leaf cards, Audrey.