Thursday, November 13, 2008

WENT TO BIG CITY & HOSPITAL APPOINTMENT

After an exhausting day yesterday, I took time to play this afternoon. I made this Christmas card - simple, but quick. Yesterday I had to take my husband to Jonesboro AR to the hospital for an Echo Gram. We started out early in the morning, went to Target first, and the first thing I did was to hit the dollar aisle and found several wonderful crafting items. One of the items I found were some Christmas cookie cutters that I can use with my melting pot - see Suze Weinberg of http://www.schmoozewithsuze.com/ . I haven't had my melting pot out for awhile and I'm hoping I remember how to use it so I can make Suze proud of me...LOL After Target we went to the hospital for my husbands test, which didn't last long enough for me to even get out all of my coloring toys. (I take pre-stamped images along to color while I wait for someone - it whiles away the time, plus it starts up some great conversations). We then went on to Hobby Lobby where I found some marvelous new toys to play with, plus some much needed replenishes to my paper stock...LOL. We of course had to stop at the Lowes store, and wouldn't you know it, they don't carry the Ryobi leaf blower replacement bag. I think my poor husband is devastated as he's been gerry-rigging this leaf blower for the past year. Maybe Santa will hear his plea and find one on line for him. It was a heavenly day, but for the rain. It rained and I'm not talking about a steady rain, I'm talking about a downpour. We drove all the way to Jonesboro (which by the way is about 2 hours from our home) in it, had to run between the raindrops to get into the stores and back out again. We finally arrived back home with our great purchases (trunk full), amidst fog. My poor husband who did all of the driving was wore out from being so tense, so he went to bed quite early. Can't say I blame him though. It is now my bedtime tonight as I have a huge running day again tomorrow. Hope you all have a creative weekend, and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: