Thursday, November 20, 2008

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FOR A CAUSE

A nap will do me wonders...LOL I awoke with some vigor and made these two ornaments. The one in "blue" was my first one so I call it my "prototype". The second one makes up the "center" of this one. The cone shapes on this one were 3 inch squares attached to a "recycled" CD. The center of this blue one was done with 1 1/2 inch squares to make up the cones. I then affixed these to a circle of blue scrap card stock, which then was attached to the larger (outer one) with foam tape. In the center of all of this I affixed a silver paper with a blue card stock on top of it. Okay, now I like this look so onward to something else.
I have had two "glitzy" huge shopping bags (one red and one green) that I have had for at least 5 years just hanging around in my crafting closets, sooooooooooooo I put them to use. My husband was nice enough to measure and cut very carefully these shopping bags so I can get the most use out of each of them. (He is soooooooooooo handy to have around, and he puts up with my "...honey I have a project for you plllleeeezzzzzeeeee...") Hence I made the green ornament from a shopping bag. This one was made with 1 3/4 inch squares attached to some green card card stock then it was all attached to a CD. I felt it needed something so I deckle cut a white circle then atop that I attached a green circle, and viola' it was done.
These ornaments and as many more as I can make between now and Saturday morning, will be given to my Diabetic/Health Wellness Support Group to decorate a Christmas tree that will be placed in our local Hotel Hill High to be judged by our community. Saturday morning our group is meeting at our home to complete these ornaments with health items, diabetic items, &/or exercise items. Wish me luck to get enough of them done. Well, back to making more ornaments. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute ornaments! And doubly nice for a great cause!
Nice blog, too!
Carol with AZ stampers

Unknown said...

These are beautiful ornaments, Audrey! I keep coming back and checking them out and thinking that I need to try my hand at one or two... I wonder how they'd look back to back as a double sided "ball"? OOOOH!!!

Inky Smiles!
Erin