Saturday, November 8, 2008

IT'S BEEN A LONG LONG TIME

WOW, what a long time ago (or so it seems) that I've made an entry here. Between listing our home for sale (again), having four of our daughters visit, and then doing some remodeling of our home (new patio doors & a couple new windows), we then proceeded to come down with the flu bug. I got it first - past it on to my dear husband, and of course we had to share it again. Sooooo, to make this short - I've not been at my computer let alone my crafting table.
This past week has been a very busy one, but I did manage to squeeze in some play time. On Inky Fun Stampers ( inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ) we have a "stamping challenge" presented by Susan Chong, and this months challenge is Christmas Ornaments. I have uploaded the "clear glitter and the red ink" ornaments I have made. They sure don't show well in these photos, but hopefully you can tell what I was trying to accomplish. It was fun making them, even though it was a bit "messy"...LOL
I also made a couple of cards - the floral one is part of a "make ten" group of cards. The flowers are from an old calendar page, and I used some of my "new" lace as a type of background. I have so many old calendars that I'm trying to come up with new ways to use them. Got any suggestions, I'm listening.
The Polar Bear card I used a holographic glossy card stock and I spread embossing fluid on it, then I spread some clear embossing powder atop that and heat set it. I did this about three more times, so I could get the "crackle" finish to it. I stamped the polar bears from I Brake For Stamps onto a sheet of white paper and tried highlighting different spots on them. I then proceeded to cut out some "snow flakes" from some card stock that I purchased from a store keeper in Mountain Home. The "flag" I hand drew and colored in. I attached white ribbon to the bottom of the card as an appearance of an ice flow. This card isn't my favorite, but it is an experimentation of the Cracked Look (can't think of the original name). Plus you can't tell, but in different spot on this card some of the embossing didn't take so there are patches that look like "ice flows" (if you use your imagination...) LOL.
Well I do hope you will come back and visit and leave me a note. Thank you for looking.

1 comment:

christina d said...

I really like the art. The ornaments are really pretty. All of it is gorgeous.