Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER

I got up to a cancelled Chiropractic appointment, plus it was raining, just a dismal day. What to do? I came into my studio and decided that I should get my Christmas cards started. On Inky Fun Stampers, inkyfunstampers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com , we have a swap that calls for using non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. Once I got started with this, it seemed I was hooked. I dug out all of my Christmas stamps and the first one I saw was the "Holiday Snow globe Rubber Stamp Set" by Plaid Enterprises ( www.plaidonline.com ). Well, you know if you have a globe you just have to cut out the center of the globe and replace that with an acetate sheet to see through. I really didn't want to make a Shaker card, so what to do. 1) gather a non-traditional color of card stock; 2) stamp the globe in black Memories ink, and emboss with clear embossing powder on the front of the card as well as another same size/color as the front of the card; 3) color the base with Derwent Water color pencils; 4) cut out circle (or if you have a punch that size that would be better) in front of card and also the single piece being sure you have "lined" up the globe holes; 5) cut out a small circle (slightly larger than the globe hole) from acetate (clear transparency) and glue this over the hole; 6) Glue in place your single sheet that you have prepared in step 2, by carefully aligning the single sheet on the reverse side of the front of the card stock; 7) stamp snowman with clear Versa Mark ink on a calendar page full of purple flowers, and then sprinkle embossing glitter and heat set; 8) Stamp your "Greetings of the Season" in purple ink and emboss; 9) Stamp the words "Happy Holidays" on the inside of your card below the snowman with purple ink and emboss; 10) affix ribbon with E6000 glue (good holding power) onto the base of the globe; 11) encircle the globe with "Icicle" Stickles glitter glue; and viola' you're done. This is how both cards were made. I must say these are a bit time consuming but really look nice - if I may pat myself on my own back...LOL Thanks for looking and enjoy a creative week.

No comments: